Tuesday 19 February 2013

I know this great little place ...

Living in London, you would think I'd have my pick of superb restaurants, swish bars and cosy drinking dens. You would think I'd be spoilt for choice. Well, quite frankly, there's TOO MUCH CHOICE.

When you live in a city so vibrant, it's easy to feel overwhelmed and go to the same old chains for the sake of simplicity. However, after a pretty wonderful night in cosy Ruby's bar in Dalston, I've made myself the promise to forego bland chains for the sake of these secret London gems more often.

I won't lie: Dalston is not easy for me to get to but, boy, is it worth the trouble. Heading Eastwards, my date and I would have walked passed its inauspicious façade were it not for a dilapidated sign above the door: a cinema listing board adorned with wonky 'MWAH.' Going by this picture from London On The Inside, they are always a little enigmatic :)



Downstairs the low lighting revealed pealing walls (gotta love that shabby chic!), a bar replete with amazing cocktails in old school milk bottles, chilled music and a great crowd.



It's made for a lovely evening and I couldn't stop smiling all the way home.

So, this is my recommendation to you! I would love any recommendations you might have to help me in my quest for originality: any city, any country, anywhere - I want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment